Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Catching You Up

Pottery? What’s that?? I know that may be a question coming to the mind of those who log in on this blog expecting to find something at least remotely related to pottery. I do hope to get back to pottery soon and in a big way. We have plans for our new studio including paint and new lighting and with the larger work area we have high hopes for production.

Yet, meanwhile back at the ranch, we have been keeping busy. In addition to the paint jobs that you have seen pictures of in this blog, I attended a two-day seminar in OKC as my job with Ninde Funeral Directors continues to expand. After five very full days of study I took the State Exam for Oklahoma Life Insurance Agent this morning in Tulsa and passed the exam! Cynthia is worn out praying for me and I am worn out studying but we are excited with what God is doing in the career He has opened up for me. I am now Ninde’s Preneed & Aftercare Coordinator with a state Life Agent license so that I can fund the funeral arrangements my clients make. Many think my work must be drudgery and even a little spooky but that concept couldn’t be further from the truth. I work with the living to make life more qualitative, bringing a sense of contentment at plans well laid which provides for their families beyond their own life expectancy. How good is that? I love helping families make the most of life---not just prepare for death (which comes whether we are prepared or not).

Anyway, Cynthia and I continue to beautify our new home, are making plans for a Baby Shower, and ministering in a local church; not to mention hitting the pool every chance we get. So….you can see how pottery has sadly taken a back seat to all of our other activities. But, if you stay tuned, I am sure that you will soon be seeing some of our creations as we love what our combined imaginations and talents can create. Thanks for blogging with us!

Tim

1 comment:

Tim & Cynthia Johnston said...

Wow, I did not know how busy we were until reading the blog. We may be busy but we always have fun if it be work or play. You sure are cute. Love the shirt.