Thursday, November 11, 2004

Trying To Get A Handle On It

Whatever "it" is, whether it is a mug, a vase, or some private interpretation of artistic expression, I have struggled with getting a handle on it. Never mind my private grappling with many issues both political and emotional! We are talking clay here!

While I feel like we have made progress in this department with the latest application being last night in the studio with the addition of a handsome handle to a expressionist pitcher and thanks to Cynthia's delicate touch, there is always much to be learned. In my research I ran across an article run by Clay Times and written by Cindy Strnad. An article so helpful that I thought I would pass it on to you Mud Hutters that might be open to suggestion as well. You can get to Clay Times throught this site..... http://www.claytimes.com/ and then navigate your way to the articles offered for your perusal or you can simply follow this link to the aforementioned article.... http://www.claytimes.com/PullHandles.htm. You can also subscribe to this helpful magazine through their No Risk Subscription plan by calling 1.800.356.2529 where they will agree to send you their Nov/Dec issue with the option of keeping the magazine and yet not subscribing or you may pay the $26 annual subscription fee. No, I don't work for Clay Times! Just passing on helpful information to those who might be trying to get a handle on clayworks.

1 comment:

momo said...

it was interesting reading 'bout your "adventures with clay"

thanks for the entertaining read

itsallreal.blogspot.com