Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Down From The Mount

Feeling as one of Christ's disciples after the Mount of Transfiguration I have climbed down from the mount with more wisdom than I had going up it! I spent last night with Mel Cornshucker at Boston Artists Gallery learning how to pull handles. He kindly took time out in his preparation for his showing in Phoenix, Arizona to teach me the ropes. With his supervision I pulled 9 handles for the cups that I brought with me. Like the old adage "You can give a man a fish and he will eat for a day or teach him to fish and he can eat for a lifetime." I now feel equiped to pull handles from now on! He was amazing in patiently explaining the process to me and from now on any of my artwork that has a handle will carry a little bit of Mel with it! Of course, I can imagine that none of us are solely ourselves but pieces of all those who have influenced us. A great big heartfelt thank you to Mel Cornshucker!!

No comments: